Published by American Academy of Pediatrics on 2000
Manual provides information to assist the clinician in recognizing and treating special health concerns. More than 1 million children of migrant farmworkers spend time living in US communities, yet fewer than 20% are served by federally funded medical care programs. The other 80% are often seen by local pediatricians and public health providers, who may not be prepared to address the unique needs of this population. Designed to supplement general pediatric care guidelines, this new manual provides information to assist the clinician in recognizing and treating special health concerns, emphasizing a cross-cultural approach. Included is information on well child care, oral health, nutrition, injuries, infectious diseases, and more. Relevant AAP Policy Statements are also included.