For Your Health / Para Tu Salud
Life Skills Lessons are designed to be used with teens, out-of-school youth, and adults. Life Skills Lessons consist of bilingual instructional packets that include teaching plans, an introductory lesson, guided practice, useful vocabulary, practice dialogues, and pre/post tests. The Life Skill Lesson non-sequential format lends itself to the limited time and intermittent attendance of the students. The materials developed by the National Center for Farmworker Health, Inc., in collaborative partnership with the Geneseo Migrant Center through funding from the Strategies, Opportunities, and Services to Out-of-School Youth (SOSOSY) Migrant Education Program Consortium Incentive Grant, are offered here without restriction.
For Your Health/Para Tu Salud lessons are intended/designed/provided to increase the health knowledge of migrant farmworkers through information about prevalent health concerns.
Instructions: Simply select the Lesson you want below. A new window will open. Close the window when you are finished.
- A Visit to the Doctor
- Wash Your Hands and Get Rid of Germs
- A Healthy Mouth
- Nicotine and Your Health
- Let us Learn about HIV/AIDS
- What is an STD?
- Can I Get Sick from the Heat?
- The Basics of Birth Control Methods
- Protect Your Back While Working
- What You Need to Know About Pesticides
- What Do I Do if I Get an Insect Bite?
- Una visita al doctor
- Lave sus manos y elimine los gérmenes
- Una Boca Saludable
- La Nicotina y Tu Salud
- Aprendamos sobre el VIH/SIDA
- ¿Qué es una ETS?
- ¿Me puedo enfermar por el calor?
- Lo Básico de los Métodos Anticonceptivos
- Protege tu Espalda Mientras Trabajas
- Lo que necesitas saber de los pesticidas
- ¿Qué Hago Si Me Pica un Insecto?